Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Welcome to Work Among the Wise Ones! - the online updates of CCS Chaplain Debbe Carson. 

Sit down, put your feet up, and join me on my adventures.  You'll laugh with me, and maybe tear up, as we walk down the hallways of one of America's most overlooked mission fields, the nursing home.

First, a few disclaimers:
I call some of the facilities in which I serve as a missionary chaplain "nursing homes," though that term is not currently in vogue.  You will know what I mean.I also serve in hospitals and other medical facilities.
For confidentiality reasons, all resident and facility names will be pseudonyms.

Some of what you will see here is reprinted from the Community Chaplain Service's bi-monthly newsletter, "Connections."  Some is new material, posted only on this blog.  But all of it will show you how God is working - constantly and visibly - in the lives of His precious residents and, through them, in my life as well.  It is a pleasure to share His wonderful works with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment